Searching Savannah!

One of my favorite places on earth, Savannah. Just 4 hours away from me, I love visiting this enchanting city. I feel so lucky that I can actually use restocking as an excuse to visit!

This past trip I went to 8 antique shops! So much fun. I was in search of an item I had imagined in my mind, so I wasn't grabbing things as I went. I was able to focus on the treasure in my mind. I wanted a small piece of furniture that could fit in an entry way or dining area. It had to have cabinets or drawers and the features like legs or details, had to be interesting. Then I found it. My new favorite place in Savannah for beautiful furniture. If you are ever on North Jefferson St. (right off of Bay Street) you need to enter Jere's Antiques.


The building in itself is amazing. A true treasure hunter will love it because each room is followed by another. You will go up stairs and down stairs, down hallways and up other stairs. You really get to step back in time just being in this building. The furniture is also absolutely stunning. Here is a blurb from their website describing what you will find.

"Since 1973, Jere's Antiques has been a major source of supplies for antique auction houses, designers and individuals. Owner Jere Myers maintains his own warehouse in England and has buyers and pickers working throughout Britain and on the continent in Belgium, Holland and France.
Jere unloads a 40-foot container in his 33,000-square-foot warehouse in Savannah every seven to ten days. The constant flow of merchandise ensures a huge inventory of ever-changing stock.
You will find an amazing selection of 18th, 19th and 20th century furniture of all types of styles, woods and price range. Whether you seek a bar for home or commercial use, or furniture in mahogany, walnut, oak or pine, Jere has it all. "

Seriously, does it get better than this!  I was lucky to meet Jere himself, who was so kind and helpful. After searching piece after piece for what I had in mind, I found it. Imported directly from England this little gem was wrapped carefully and loaded by these sweet guys!


And now this special english estate cabinet, is here in Georgia in my little space at Kelly & Company ,just waiting for you to complete its journey from England to your home.


Labels: , , , ,